What’s New With You: Currently Edition

Hiya, friends! It’s been a while since we’ve had a catch-up. So, I’m joining my girl Kristen today for a little ‘what’s happening lately’ talk.

What's New With YouThese days I’m…

| Reading:ย Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling. I meant to start reading this last week, but it got pushed back. I’ll let y’all know how it is in our monthly book recap soon.

| Watching:ย One Tree Hill + MasterChef Junior + This Is Us + Grey’s Anatomy. I like TV, what can I say? But, I normally watch the new shows throughout the week in the evenings while I cook, so there’s that. Also, One Tree Hill while I work is ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ. I know the story backwards & forwards so I don’t have to sit around actually paying attention to it! Haha.

| Eating (on repeat):ย This incredibly yummy Roasted Chili-Lime Cod recipe. I make this with a white fish called Pangasius. The rub for the fish is so good & spicy. We eat it with roasted corn, sautรฉed veggies, and a bit of brown rice on the side. YUM. Last night, after pan frying it, we tossed the fish filets into tortillas, put some slaw in there, and ate the most scrumdiddlyumptious tacos ever.

| Getting excited about:ย Going home! We leave for Houston next week & I cannot wait. It’ll be nice to be home and be with family & friends, again. Not to mention I have free babysitters available which means I GET TO SLEEEEEEP. Hallelujah, amen.

| Enjoying:ย Watching Sofia become a bigger goober day by day. Honestly, she is such a silly little girl. Sheย lovesย Snapchat (@thelittleaslam), walking around the house, and getting into everything she shouldn’t be getting into! Haha. She’s a mess, y’all.

And for your viewing pleasure, I present you with Sofia the Snapper.ย

So that’s what’s happening around these parts lately! What’s new with you, folks?

PS: Don’t forget to come by tomorrow and link up your mani’s in tomorrow’s Nail Files party โœŒ๐ŸฝI need more colors to add to my list so I can pick them up in Houston! Lol.

texerinsydney
    March 2, 2017 at 9:58 AM

You’re from Houston AND I’m from Houston! I don’t know about you, but top priorities for me when I visit is eating alllllll the food.
    Just added you on snapchat. ๐Ÿ™‚

March 6, 2017 at 2:04 PM

Houstonians unite!! Girl, you know I already have ALL the food places on my list. CFA, Whataburger, and Pappas included ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo

Dietitian Jess
    March 2, 2017 at 3:25 PM

I love This is Us and just started watching Parenthood for the first time (I heard it also tugs at those heart strings)…. One Tree Hill is classic though, I used to watch it when it was onTV but never finished the series.

March 6, 2017 at 2:05 PM

OMG Parenthood hits me in the feelers EVERY DAMN EPISODE. I love that show so much. OTH is definitely a classic, huh? I think the last couple of seasons are really good. If you get a chance, Netflix them ๐Ÿ™‚ Totally worth it! xo

March 2, 2017 at 3:49 PM

This is Us though. Omg. And you know I was in and out of One Tree Hill and I just need to go back and watch it all. I had restarted Gossip Girl but maybe I’ll switch. SO many options hehe. And Sophia on snap is the best! She cracks me up. eek so soon til you go home! Exciting!

March 6, 2017 at 2:06 PM

Girlll, OTH is on Netflix! Get on ittttt! I also love GG though, so maybe you can hop back and forth between them, haha. Sofia is a total ham. She even starts sticking her tongue out before the snap filter comes on! xo

Pamela
    March 2, 2017 at 4:09 PM

I really need to read that Mindy Kaling book, she is so funny! And yay for your trip back to Houston! It’s always nice to visit home for a bit, I love seeing how things have changed and what’s stayed the same! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

March 6, 2017 at 2:06 PM

I legit cracked up in the first few pages alone! I’m probably going to finish it on the plane while on the way home this week ๐Ÿ™‚ xo

Miranda
    March 2, 2017 at 4:18 PM

Believe it or not, I could not get into One Tree Hill! Hope you have a great trip home! Sofia is so cute!

March 6, 2017 at 2:07 PM

NOOOOOOO. I am gonna have to tie you down next to me and make you watch it all, haha. Thank you, sweet friend! xo

Tanya @ A Mindful Migration
    March 2, 2017 at 6:46 PM

This is Us is amazing and it’s been killing me lately. Seriously they must own stock in Kleenex or something because they are making me go through a ton! I am going to check out that Roasted Chili-Lime Cod recipe. It sounds delicious and I’m always on the hunt for good fish recipes. Have fun in Houston!

March 6, 2017 at 2:08 PM

LOL, they probably DO own stock in it! Haha. Have you seen the funny video of all of them saying they are sorry for making their fans cry? The chili-lime cod is really yummy, friend. Let me know how you like it! xo

kristen
    March 2, 2017 at 7:22 PM

i totally love watching shows that i’ve seen a million times, especially when i’m doing other stuff. i don’t think i ever got into one tree hill, but i have shows like that for sure. i STILL haven’t watched this is us… i don’t know what i’m waiting for. one day!
    yayyyyy going home! and sleep!! very exciting stuff.
    Sofia is the queen of snapchat. haha but seriously, she ALWAYS entertains me. she’s so adorable!

March 6, 2017 at 2:13 PM

Ohh tell me what your shows are! I could always use a new show to get into and then binge over & over again ๐Ÿ™‚ Haha. Sofia’s snapchat obsession is hilarious. I feel like I’m being a good mom in allowing her to know the fun behind wearing a dog filter, lol! xo

March 2, 2017 at 9:56 PM

That recipe sounds so good! I’ve been so much better about cooking actual meals in the new place and I want to keep it going. I’m trying to make fish once a week for David and me; I totally want to add this to the rotation next week!

That video is so cute I want to die. OMG! Her eyes! So sweet. And look at all those teeth!

Save travels back to Houston! You sure there’s no NYC layover during that trip? ๐Ÿ˜‰

March 6, 2017 at 2:14 PM

The fish is SO good, lovely. I like that it’s so easy to throw together & that you can eat it with whatever side you want.

Have no fear about the negative on the NYC layover right now. I know it’s coming soon!! ๐Ÿ™‚ xo

Jess
    March 2, 2017 at 11:58 PM

She’s so cute!! I love seeing your pics on Instagram. Yessss to free babysitters and sleep haha. That was one of the best parts about visiting my mom.

March 6, 2017 at 2:15 PM

Thank you, sweet friend! I cannot wait for the babysitting and the sleep. I am in desperate need of both, lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Gretchen
    March 3, 2017 at 12:41 AM

Love Masterchef Junior! Aren’t those kids just amazing? I could learn some tips from them ๐Ÿ™‚ I also read Mindy’s book a while ago and loved it. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for joining the linkup!

March 6, 2017 at 2:16 PM

OMG YES. Like how do they even think of making the things they do?! I’m over here like, I guess I’ll have some popcorn for dinner because I don’t feel like cooking, lol. I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the Mindy book on the plane home this week!

Audrey
    March 3, 2017 at 4:18 PM

I love when kids get enamored with SnapChat, lol!
    Are you liking “Is Everyone Hanging Out…”? I read that a year or so ago and really liked it. Do you watch The Mindy Project?

March 6, 2017 at 2:17 PM

I legit cracked up right at the beginning of the book. I haven’t watched The Mindy Project (although it is on my list to watch), but I think with her being Indian and me being Pakistani, there are some hilarious similarities to how we were raised. Lol! xo