that random thing

Things I Just Don’t Understand – Part II

Happy Thursday, friends! The weather app says it’s going to be nice here today and I am pumped. Also, I’ll be happy about anything today because 1. it’s still cold AF, and 2. I have a spin class to get to.

But, anyways. Onwards we shall go!

Things I JustDon't Understand Let's Do This Gif | That Girl Myra

You can catch up on Part I here

| The Standing-On-An-Escalator-When-No One-Else-Is-On Kinda Human. Yeah. Dear empty-escalator-stander, WHAT are you doing? Why are you being creepy and just standing there? Are you truly that lazy? Help me understand your logic…please. Ok, thanks, bye.

Escaltors gif

| The Selfie-Taking-Three-Rep-Gym Goer. A couple weeks ago, I was at the gym for arm/ab day. Here I was, working up an insane sweat and wanting to cry because my arms were burning. And then, in walks this perfectly-toned lady. Obviously, I started creepin’ because I needed to know her workout routine. This is what I took away from her: do 3 reps of bicep curls, take a selfie, go sit on a machine on the other side of the gym. WHAT.IN.THE.WORLD. The confusion continues even today, y’all. If I follow that workout routine, will I also end up in perfect shape?

I Don't Understand | That Girl Myra

| The I-Don’t-Eat-Any-Sugar-Ever person. Look, I’m all for being a health you. Cutting down on sugar is all good, but never eating it ever, just because you want to be skinny? No. I’m all for admitting that I will happily gobble down a hot brownie with ice cream on top or like, apple pie any day.  All this “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels” trash is, well, exactly that…trash.

Whatever I'm Getting Cheese Fries | That Girl Myra

| The I-Never-Watch-Trashy-TV person. Ok, miss better-than-you. Sorry that you don’t enjoy indulging in all the ridiculous happenings on TV. I am all about that crap. It is hilarious. And, bonus, I don’t have to use my brain to enjoy the stupidity that unfolds. Haha! I’m sorry you’re missing out on a wonderful time. Anyone want to discuss The Bachelor with me? Because you know I have things to say about it…

Corinne The Bachelor GIF | That Girl Myra

And on that note, I’m out Corinne-style. xoxo, gossip girl 😂

Linking up here today for Thoughts on Thursday.

Whitney
    February 2, 2017 at 5:18 PM

Bahahaha okay this made me laugh so hard! But the last one is totally me. I just cannot get into it!! I know, I’m crazy. Forgive me…

February 7, 2017 at 3:23 PM

OH GIRL. I wish I lived near you. I would force you to watch The Bachelor with me just so we could have Corinne-quoteathons. Lol. I don’t normally watch the seasons in full (just random one off episodes), but this season has me sucked.in. <3

Leslie
    February 2, 2017 at 9:09 PM

I’ve never been into reality TV until Andi’s season of the Bachelorette and now I’m hooked. I can’t stop watching the train wrecks unfold. and WHYYY is Corrine still there?!? Nick, what are you doing?

February 7, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Maannnn. I never got around to watching her season. She came off as so fake right at the beginning that I gave up, lol. But this season…OMG I CAN’T STOP WATCHING. I freakin’ love Corinne. She’s so her own person that I can’t help but root for her, haha. That being said — a nanny though? Whoa nelly, that’s a whole different conversation. Haha. xo

February 6, 2017 at 5:56 PM

I don’t really watch reality tv. I watch Big Brother, but that’s about it. I don’t watch The Bachelor or The Bachelorette. And I don’t watch any of the Real Housewives shows. I just can’t with all the drama. Ha!

February 7, 2017 at 3:25 PM

This is the first season in years that I’ve actually been watching The Bachelor! It’s just so funny this season with Corinne. I cannot handle that girl. Haha. I tried giving the RH shows a chance, and while they are great time-sucks, I don’t necessarily feel like I have to watch them! Something about “fictional” drama makes me very happy, lol. xx

Biana
    February 7, 2017 at 3:28 AM

Oh man not watching trashy tv – i dont get that LOL

February 7, 2017 at 3:25 PM

LOL. I just can’t help but enjoy it. People are seriously so weird at times that it is comedic! Glad I’m not alone in my love for trashy TV 😉 xx

april
    February 10, 2017 at 3:25 PM

HAHAAHAHAHA, I can relate to these. And the self-righteous sugar and tv smut people are the worst. PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE WHILE I EAT A HOT FUDGE SUNDAY AND WATCH RU PAUL’S DRAG RACE. BYE.

SMD
    August 24, 2017 at 10:09 PM

I am the elevator person when I am tired in the morning and don’t feel like climbing up from the train platform.