that manicure thing

The Nail Files: REVIVAL!

Ok, who doesn’t love a good revival, am I right?! If you’ve been in bloglandia for a while now, you know my cheeseburger partner-in-crime & one of the bestest friends I have, Tara, used to host The Nail Files.

I loved that link-up! Seeing other people’s pretty nails & then hunting down their colors made me an extremely happy person, lol. When it ended, I stopped showing off my nails other than on Instagram, BUT, today it all changes!

Joey & I are bringing back The Nail Files in good ole revival fashion!

The Nail Files | Joey Hodges Writes & That Girl MyraAffiliate links ahead. Disclosure here.

To hop right into here, let’s get to this weeks mani! When I went home last year, my sister-in-law and I decided to go out for a mani/pedi date. I usually pick dark colors (hello my little black heart), but I was absolutely drawn to this crazy fun color that time.

Isn’t it a beauty though?!

The Nail Files (Essie) | That Girl Myra

The Nail Files (Essie - 2) | That Girl Myra

|| Essie: The Fuchsia of Art || Shop ||

It’s a neon color, so it takes 2-3 coats to build up! I love that it’s not streaky & applies easily. Because it’s a neon, it dries matte, so if you want it shiny, you’ll definitely want to apply a top coat! I use the Essie Gel Couture Top Coat whenever I can and so far, the mani has held up this whole week with no chips or peeling.

Now it’s your turn. Here’s how to participate!

February 24, 2017 at 3:52 PM

ah this is such a fun linkup! i really need to prep my nails in advance for this as mine are a hot mess right now (ok just a little chipped lol). i love the little black heart comment. SOUL SISTERS there. mine are dark purple right now and that’s not changing anytime soon ha. happy weekend lover!

February 27, 2017 at 11:27 AM

yesss come link up this week! dark nail polish is life though, right?! i want to see which one you’re wearing!! xo

Miranda
    February 24, 2017 at 4:23 PM

I remember the original Nail Files linkup! I used to paint my nails all the time, but for some reason it’s just not a part of my routine anymore. I wish I was better at it! Ha ha. Your current color is gorgeous!

February 27, 2017 at 11:27 AM

yesss! it was hosted by one of my best girls! i think it’s time to get back to painting your nails because i want to see yours 🙂 and thank you. this color really is so incredibly fun and pretty! xo

February 24, 2017 at 6:09 PM

I went almost two years not biting my nails and painting them weekly. I’ve completely fallen off the wagon. I need to find my way back.

February 27, 2017 at 11:28 AM

ok woman, get back on the nail painting thing right now! and then come link up and show me them nails 🙂 also, need to see your new hairs if you cut them! xo

February 24, 2017 at 6:46 PM

I thought that was DJ Play That Song until I saw the name of it; they’re really similar. I have DJ and I loooooove it! It’s a summer favorite for sure. Right now I’m wearing Butler Please (almost neon blue, so bright) in anticipation of spring… but they’re chipped because I was too lazy to top coat so I’ll save my post for another week 😉

February 27, 2017 at 11:29 AM

Ohhh! I don’t think I’ve seen that color. I’ll have to look it up. I LOVE Butler Please. At some point I used to have it but it got sooooo clumpy and gross that I had to throw it out. I want to see your nails so I can decide if I should get that color again lol. xo

March 2, 2017 at 8:44 PM

I should have snapped a pic for you before I took it all off but I’m just seeing this now! But you should TOTALLY get it again. It’s the most fun color ever.

chelsea jacobs
    February 24, 2017 at 8:50 PM

I loooove that color!

February 27, 2017 at 11:29 AM

Thanks lovely! It’s seriously so fun in person. I’ve found myself staring at the color more than once lol. xo

Polish Perfect
    May 18, 2017 at 10:40 PM

The color is a real killer 🙂 Add some black floral ornaments and you’ll have a winning combination.