that random thing

Things I Just Don’t Understand – Part I

You know how sometimes things happen and you’re left thinking “WTF just happened?!” Yeah, that happens to me a lot, haha. Obviously, I feel the need to share all these ridiculous things with you guys, so here goes.

That's Weird | That Girl Myra

I JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND…

| Nail Polish Air Bubbles. What is this insane rule that every time you do your nails, the dreaded bubbles must appear? Honestly, it’s so freakin’ frustrating. Luckily I’ve found a brand that so far has not let me down. Essie Gel Couture, you’re my last hope!

Unthickened Gravy. WTF you might be asking? Exactly my point. How does 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch do anything?! Oh wait, it doesn’t.

Things I Don't Understand | That Girl Myra

| Radiators Shutting Off in the Night. When we moved into our apartment, Amir & I got a rude awakening in the form of radiators turning off at 2 am. We live in Amsterdam, y’all. It is cold AF here at night. And our apartment HOA thinks that shutting down the radiator is perfectly…cool. [Haha, what a funny pun. Not really though.]

Online Libraries. My library card from Houston expired last year. I haven’t had a chance to renew it, so I’ve been trying to use my mom’s. BUT, the library in our county is seriously lacking. I’m stuck either buying books or hoping to borrow others Kindle books. That being said, anyone want to share their Kindle library with me?! PLEASE. K, thanks, bye.

The Bachelor. LOL. It’s a love/hate relationship, you guys. These women are so insane. But, I love Corinne’s insanity. Who’s with me?! Haha.

Corinne The Bachelor | That Girl Myra

I’ll be sure to keep track of other really weird WTF moments to share with y’all in Part 2, okay? Haha.

Tell me about things you don’t understand!!!

Biana
    January 25, 2017 at 1:47 PM

I have to say I sort of agreed with Corrine a bit in this week’s episode! Like she’s NOT that cray…and made a few valid points and I think people on the show are going to see that she might have it right about that one girl being conniving!! The naps comparison to lincoln and jordan was just amazing! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

January 25, 2017 at 2:39 PM

I haven’t caught up with the latest episode, but I’m looking forward to what the drama is! Honestly, I just find her to be so funny and so unabashedly herself. I love it! Haha! xo

Joey
    January 25, 2017 at 2:01 PM

Does Corrine mean….Mac & Cheese? ::insert cry laughing emoji:: Air bubbles happen in a nail polish if you shake it or if it’s been shaken a bunch in it’s lifetime. Roll the polish gently in your hand before using it rather than shaking! It might help 🙂 But then again–we’ll never know what that polish has been through before we took it in! haha

January 25, 2017 at 2:40 PM

LOL. Keep watching! I did actually know that about the nail polish bubbles, but it’s still so frustrating. Sometimes I haven’t rolled it enough to catch ALL the extra built up air and it’ll still bubble up. Annoying!!

January 25, 2017 at 3:38 PM

I came to say exactly what Joey said about the nail polish bubbles. It used to drive me CRAZY so I looked it up and found the same thing. I shake them way less now and no more bubbles 🙂

January 25, 2017 at 3:41 PM

I think we all did the same look-up! Haha! I try not to ever shake my bottles, but I think some of my super old polishes still have too many built up air bubbles. It’s probably time to say bye-bye to a few of those anyways, to be honest. I like the Essie Gel ones so far because they haven’t given me any problems. Fingers crossed that keeps up! (PS: Your comments are going to spam anymore, hallelujah! 💙)

January 25, 2017 at 5:48 PM

You can share your Kindle library? I’d be happy too. Let me look into it. 🙂

January 27, 2017 at 11:04 AM

Thanks boo!! xo

January 25, 2017 at 5:49 PM

happy to*

Katie
    January 25, 2017 at 8:56 PM

LOL, these are awesome. Keep ’em coming! I can always use a good LOL during my work day 🙂

Katie | Willow and White

January 27, 2017 at 11:04 AM

Oh girl, I got you 😆 There are so many more of these moments. Lol! I’m going to start keeping a list so I can share them more often. xx