that random thing

Five on Friday.

Is it just me or did this week seriously go by at a snail’s pace? Bah hum bug. But, we’ve finally made it to Friday, friends. Rejoice!

Five on Friday

ONEI’m ignoring all things relating to the inauguration today. And to be quite honest, I’m not sorry about it. This election cycle has been absolutely draining. I’m heartbroken by how much ignorance and hatred is in our world. I can only pray that our country will rise up and be better sooner rather than later.

| TWOOn a happier note, we’re off to London! For someone who’d never been before, I got to go twice last year and I loved it. I’d love to check out Regent & Oxford Streets and Piccadilly Circus again. Also, I hope we’ll have time to go back to Buckingham Palace and stroll through the gardens one more time before our year passes end!

THREEAll of you book nerds are killin’ me. I’m so drawn to the ‘must-read list’ blog posts lately, however, my to-read list has suddenly spiraled way out of control. Luckily, I have plenty of recommendations to keep me happy for a while. Thanks, y’all! Good lookin’ out! 👊🏽

FOURWe finally got a crockpot and I cannot believe how long we went without one. I love being able to throw all my items into one dish & then not think about it for hours, haha. If you follow me on Instagram (@thatgirlmyra_), you can check out my story as I was prepping the meal. And if you want the full recipe, come back here next week, because I’ll be doing a recipe roundup of quick & easy dinner meals.

FIVE. A while ago, I talked about how I was slowly getting back into my fitness routine. At the time, my friend Alyssa made a comment that became a mantra for me — you can do anything for 5 more minutes. Whenever I run, I usually do 20 minutes (which is mostly 2 miles for me). But yesterday, I decided to add 5 minutes to my run. I haven’t been feeling 100% this week, but I told myself I could go the 5 more minutes. So I set off, slow & steady, and before I knew it, I was wrapping up a 25 minute run. While it’s not my next half-marathon, it’s better than my last run and for that, I’m super proud!

And that’s it for these unbelievably long 5 days, y’all! Haha!
How was your week?!

Linking up here today.

Joey
    January 20, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Oh man I love Alyssa’s thought. And she’s so right. We can do ANYTHING for 5 more minutes! Also–uhm…how have you done life without a crockpot? I use mine WEEKLY! YAY for fun and yummy meals! You need your own cooking channel!

January 25, 2017 at 11:14 AM

Hah, I had a crockpot for so long and then didn’t need one in Manila, so never bought it. Now, I’m all like GIMME A CROCKPOT so I don’t have to spend 100 hours cooking, lol. xo

January 20, 2017 at 3:48 PM

ok i love that 5 min comment – i need to add that to my (attempted) fitness routine that i swear i’m starting tomorrow lol. and LONDON girlfriend. yes yes yes. ps i looked up flights yesterday to amsterdam. justttttt saying 🙂

January 25, 2017 at 11:13 AM

GIRL. DON’T EVEN. I saw your Instastory with those skinny minny jeans!! JEALOUS. And also, very proud of you for getting back on track!

Also, I just 2 year old squealed over the flights to Amsterdam! PLEASE COMEEEEEE.

Allison Arnone
    January 20, 2017 at 5:07 PM

Love my crockpot! This is the best season to use it because I love making chilis and stuff but it’s also the EASIEST way to “cook” – throw stuff in a pot, turn it on and leave it alone for hours. Even I can do that 🙂

January 25, 2017 at 11:12 AM

YESSS!! I always used to make chili in my old one, but I’m venturing into a few other dishes lately too. I can’t believe I waited this long to get another one. xo

January 20, 2017 at 5:19 PM

I’m surrounded by Trumpsters at work today. I’m trying not to lose my mind.

January 25, 2017 at 11:11 AM

Oh girl, that is rough. Sending you all forms of virtual patience to help get you through these days! x

chelsea jacobs
    January 20, 2017 at 6:34 PM

I’m also choosing to ignore today. It’s just been too much! And I love that mantra!

January 25, 2017 at 10:46 AM

I’m putting my mantra into place today as I tackle a run + some upper body exercises, lol! xo

January 22, 2017 at 2:16 AM

Yayyy, so proud of you! You CAN do it, and you did and you will keep doing it!
    I am moving in a few weeks and one of my first items on the agenda is get a crock pot. I have been wanting one for years but kept putting it off, but I can’t wait to dive into some easy cooking with it now!

January 25, 2017 at 10:46 AM

Thank you for your words of wisdom months ago, sweet friend. The 5 minute mantra has become my favorite and really encourages me when I feel like I should stop.

YES for the crockpot! I have a couple of recipes coming up this week for what I’ve made so far. Honestly makes life so much easier. xo

Christina Mapes
    January 23, 2017 at 7:13 PM

I was totally able to ignore inauguration stuff, but anything to do with the march really got to me this weekend. I need a social media break. Have so much fun in London! I love the 5 more minutes mantra too. I need to apply that to just about everything in my life.

January 25, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Girl, yes! I also stayed away from inauguration things, but the women’s march had me completely involved. I have been trying to ease into the funny social media this week to take a little mental break.

The 5 minute mantra is amazing! Once you start, you’ll find yourself adding it to everything! xx