I’m joining in with my friend, Alyssa, for the BackToBloggingAGB challenge!
Today’s prompt (for me): What makes you feel peaceful?
- Spending time with Amir, Sofia and Kobi. My little family might be crazy, but being around them keeps me sane.
- The view from my office, i.e. the guest bedroom. I love seeing the bikers go by, the kids laughing with their parents, and the commuters with their windows down breathing in the crisp fall air.
- Silence. It’s something I’ve learned to appreciate more after having a baby. Sitting still has never been my strong point, but I try to enjoy every moment I get of it these days.
- A good book. Something about being engrossed in a book that pulls me into a different universe makes me unbelievably happy. It’s probably why I’ve also read Harry Potter about 8 times.
- Not having a routine all the time. This is so against my Type-A, must plan every single thing out personality, but learning to (at-times) go with the flow has helped relieve me of some of the insane pressure I put on myself.
- Ironing. Ridiculous, right? But I love zoning out as I go through the motions of ironing clothes. Folding them on the other hand…not so peaceful.
- Snuggling into a warm blanket with my trusty cup of hot cocoa.
- Turning my phone off. The constant need to check my phone is overwhelming. So when it’s off and the distraction is gone, I embrace it as much as I can.
- Conversations with my parents and siblings. Whether it’s just a quick hello or a nice long discussion, there’s a nice comfort in talking to my family.
- Texas. There is nothing that brings me peace like walking into the airport in Houston and hearing a familiar old country song. I love you, George Strait. I really really do.
As soon as I read this prompt, I made my list of things that bring me peace & I’m positive there are SO many more things. But what I realized in writing this post (which for honesty purposes took me way longer than it should have), is that I am a worrier & a busy person. And I don’t mean in the sense of “where has my time gone?” But moreso, that my brain seems to always be busy. If I’m not working, I’m taking care of Sofia things. When I’m not taking care of Sofia things, I’m cleaning up the house. And if I’m not cleaning up the house, I’m worrying about what to make for breakfast/lunch/dinner.
It’s a never-ending cycle.
With that realization in mind, I’ve decided it’s time to make “finding peaceful moments” a thing I should focus on more.
Surprising the things you find out about yourself from just writing a blog post, huh? @thatgirlmyra_