Weekending: The Time I Didn’t Sleep at 8 PM

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, MY LITTLE GOBLINS!!
(thanks Kerri for letting me steal that, haha)

I love Halloween on any year, but I’m really looking forward to tonight since it’s Sofia’s first one! She’s dressing up as a black cat and it is probably the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, lol. #CanYouTellImAFirstTimeMom

I’ll recap our Halloween fun later this week, but for today, let’s have a weekend catchup!

weekending-funny-quote-that-girl-myraLinking up with B today.

The weekend started off kind of rocky since I began running a low-grade fever on Thursday night (it still isn’t gone, btw) and by Friday I was feeling pretty dead. When Amir got home from work Friday evening, I didn’t feel like moving, so we ordered in some pizza & watched The Good Place.

Also, if you aren’t watching this hilariousness, YOU ARE MISSING OUT. I love Kristen Bell & she is killin’ it in this show.

the-good-place-gif-funny-show

Saturday started early as I met up with a friend for a hot yoga class. Although I enjoyed the actual class, I remembered again how I get dizzy in hot yoga & I definitely don’t like that!

Later in the day, we met up a friend & checked out a new restaurant in town called Los Feliz. It’s a Cali-Mex place & it is incredible. I ordered a chili burrito & was so happy that it felt like home food.

During lunch, we decided that we would head over to The Hague which is about a 30 minute train ride away from Amsterdam. The day was perfect, and we wanted to enjoy a stroll on the beach & some yummy seafood.

weekend-the-hague-that-girl-myra-amsterdam

And because I am a total weirdo, I asked Amir to take some really pretty pictures of me.

weekend-that-girl-myra-amsterdam

weekend-that-girl-myra-amsterdam

Attractive, right?! Lol.

Our evening ended with firepits & dessert at the cutest little beachside restaurant!

Sunday was a full day of relaxation. Amir scheduled the babysitter to come by in the morning & watch Sofia so that we could enjoy a day date. We haven’t had one of those since May! We biked around the museum area, checked out the market, and went to watch The Girl on the Train.

weekend-that-girl-myra-day-date

The movie was LEGIT, y’all. The cast was spectacular, the acting was so on-point, and the movie gave me all those weird feelings that psycho-thrillers do. If you haven’t seen it, do so!

Afterwards, Amir watched Sofia while I went strolling into town to find us some last-minute Halloween costumes. Just wait til you see what I put together, lol!

The rest of our night was relaxed & lazy. I read my book, Amir watched The Walking Dead and we both enjoyed some hot cocoa before bedtime!

And just like that, we’re back to the weekly grind. Come back weekend! I miss you already. How was your weekend, friends?!

Biana
    October 31, 2016 at 12:55 PM

I don’t know what you’re talking about – those are gorgeous pictures 🙂 haha I hope you’re feeling better and the low grade fever is gone! Can’t wait to see Sophia as a little kitten! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

November 2, 2016 at 5:37 PM

Lol!! I’m glad you think so. I need to send them into a modeling agency ASAP. 😉

October 31, 2016 at 2:54 PM

yay for stealing the best name for people ha. and what a wonderful weekend. have heard great things about the hague and well, it looks pretty amazing! i cannot wait to see sophia in costume! please text 🙂

November 2, 2016 at 5:37 PM

Heck yes! You are my hero with the best names. The Hague is fantastic! Please come here so we can go!

Allison Arnone
    October 31, 2016 at 4:24 PM

I want to see Girl on the Train! Need to get on that…PS loving your facial expressions in the pics 🙂

November 2, 2016 at 5:36 PM

It was better than I was expecting for sure!! Let me know what you thought once you get a chance to watch it! <3

November 2, 2016 at 1:47 AM

I wanted to die when I saw Sofia’s costume yesterday. Just way, WAY too cute!

I watched the first episode of The Good Place on Hulu but haven’t gotten back to it. I was iffy on the first ep but I do LOVE Kristen Bell, so I’ll probably go back and watch a few more!

For hot yoga, just FYI if you’re getting dizzy, it’s probably due to dehydration. A lot of people are generally just not drinking enough water as is, but working out in such a hot, sweaty room really exposes how much. If you decide to go again, try doubling your water intake in the 24 hours beforehand and take your transitions slowly in class–going from standing to folding or folding to standing quickly can definitely make you dizzy too!

Love the photo of you and Amir—such a beautiful couple! Glad you got to have a date day just you two 🙂

November 2, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Thank you, lovely!! I keep wanting to put Sofia back into her costume because it was so cute watching her crawl around the house, haha.

I knew you would come through with good advice for the hot yoga class. I’ve been trying to up my daily intake of water as it is, so hopefully the next go with a hot class I’ll be better prepared. I have to say, I really enjoyed the intensity of the class.

November 3, 2016 at 5:43 PM

You’re adorable.

I love The Good Place so much. It makes me so happy every time I watch it. Even though it’s not dealing with “heaven and hell”, I feel like it’s sending out a really positive message almost without meaning to. And it’s HILARIOUS!